Over the last several months, I have given a number of presentations on how to be smarter online. It is amazing how many smart people do things online that are not so smart.
So, here is my top twenty list of things to keep in mind:
- Online, YOU are your best friend. Please don’t be your worst enemy, too.
- Protect your privacy. NEVER assume that social media protect your information. A hacker’s dream is getting into Facebook accounts.
- Be aware of how many of your online activities are tracked (usually by cookies placed on your devices) — whether they are through the Web, your phone, or your tablet device.
- Is it really necessary to keep signing up for so many apps? (every one of them has some kind of info stored on your device). Knock out the ones you don’t use.
- Recognize that your smart phone’s GPS is always on…
View original post 488 more words